Sunday, 27 February 2011
- Thank you so very much for all the birthday wishes! I had a pretty good birthday weekend. On the 12th, my mom, best friend, and I went to a matinee of The Fighter (loved it!) and then had dinner at the Cracker Barrel (chicken and rice, the Saturday special. Nom nom nom). The next day, on my actual birthday, I had planned to do some shopping, but my brother Bart and one of his friends stopped by unexpectedly. Bart surprised the hell out of me by gifting me with a beautiful rose and lily bouquet. Mom treated us to lunch at Kouri's, and then we spent the rest of the afternoon back here visiting. It was nice and low key.
- My best friend's husband, Mark, was discharged from the hospital this past Wednesday. The echocardiogram revealed that his congestive heart failure was caused by a blood clot (which was then compounded by a viral infection), so after a steady diet of blood thinners and diuretics, his blood pressure and heart rate were finally stable enough for him to go home. He will have to take six different types of medication, have his blood tested once a week, and follow a low sodium, low cholesterol diet, but he is expected to make a full recovery. Thank God!
- I don't know why I'm even mentioning this, but I kinda sorta have my eye on one of our new bus drivers. "Red Beard" (so nicknamed for his beautiful red facial hair) is friendlier and more personable than my previous crush, Mr. Bus Driver, but I'm trying to keep myself in check, especially since I don't know anything about him. I have no idea how old he is (I'm thinking he's out of my age range), or if he already has a wife/girlfriend. Oh, who am I kidding? I don't think he'd notice me even if my hair was on fire.<Sigh>
- I'm glad that the Packers won the Super Bowl, but only because my best friend is a die hard Packers fan. I thought the commercials this year were definitely better than last year's. My absolute favorite was Volkswagen's The Force, featuring the pint sized Darth Vader. I also liked Bridgestone Tires Karma and Doritos Pug Attack.
- My sister and I are going to see these guys on June 16th in Chicago. *Swoon*
- Congrats to 6 ft. 8 Blues goalie Ben "Big Ben" Bishop on his very first NHL shutout Friday night against Edmonton! Way to go, kid.
Click smiley or type html to insert…